WASHINGTON, PA – Today Google has released the next version of Android, version 6.0, also known as Marshmallow. Android Marshmallow is being delivered to Nexus devices now and as manufacturers and carriers complete updates they will be delivered to other Android phones and tablets.
Android Marshmallow features predictive assistant technology as well as battery management features. Another valuable feature is more granular app permissions.
The complete text of Google’s press release can be found below.
Alternative Network Solutions evaluates the latest in mobile operating systems and platforms to ensure that our customers are able to work on the go. For information on how we can help you and your company please contact us today.
WASHINGTON, PA – Today Google has released a update to Android Lollipop, version 5.1. This update adds support for multiple SIM cards, a anti-theft technology and HD voice for compatible phones. This update also provides stability, security and performance enhancements.
With multiple SIM support more than one SIM card can be used in compatible devices. This can allow people to use multiple numbers or more cost efficient calling when traveling abroad. A new function called Device Protection requires a user to log in with their Google Account if a device is lost or stolen.
This update will be made available to devices as manufacturers and carriers test and release it.
Alternative Network Solutions reviews mobile platforms to ensure our customers are able to be efficient both in the office and on the road. Please contact us today to find out how we can help your business.
The complete text of Google’s release can be found below. Continue reading
WASHINGTON, PA – Today Google previewed the next release of Android, version 5.0 Lollipop. This next version will be a free update and is scheduled to be released in “the next few weeks.” As with most Android updates the update will be released as phone manufacturers make them available and carriers approve. Nexus devices will be the first ones to receive the update.
Lollipop features a redesigned user interface, improved notifications, improved battery optimization and performance updates.
Once Lollipop is publicly released, it will be available as a on-device update.
A summary of the highlighted updates are below:
- Design: Lolipop features a new colorful design that is unified across devices including TVs, watches phones and tablets. The new design also features new animations.
- Notifications: There are new ways to control notifications and when they appear, allowing only wanted notifications to appear.
- Power Management: Devices will see up to a 90 minute bettery life improvement thanks to optimizations in Lollipop. There are also timers added that will show how long the battery will last, and how much longer it will take to charge.
Alternative Network Solutions reviews all mobile operating systems to determine how we can help our customers utilize them in their businesses. For information on how we can help you and your business contact us today.
The complete text of Google’s release can be found below. Continue reading
WASHINGTON, PA – Toay Google anounced the next version of Android, currently known as Android “L”. Android L is the next major release of Android after Kit Kat. This release of Android is only for developers. This offers new interfaces for programing and a new user interface.
The primary focus of this release of Android is to allow it to run on many types of devices. Traditionally Android can be found on phones and tablets. This release of Android will expend that to cars, televisions and wearables like watches.
With the ability for Android to run on more platforms we can expect to see many more devices and uses for this platform. When Adroid L is formally relesased we will have moe information.
Alternative Network Solutions works hard to ensure all of our customers are able to encorporate the latest in mobile technology into their businesses. For more information on how we can help you and your company contact us today.
WASHINGTON, PA – Today Goole has released the latest version of its Andorid operating system version 4.4, or KitKat. KitKat offeres many improvements and has lesser system requirements than previous versions. With these lesser requirments users with older phones will be able to take advantage of the newest version of Android. Users of Google Nexus devices will see this update first and other handsets and tablets will receive updates as manufacturers and carriers release them.
Some of the highlighted features of Andorid 4.4 KitKat are:
- Imporved voice command via Google Now
- The interface is redesigned to be more imersive and cleaner.
- Improved multitasking to ensure better battery life, faster response and better touch screen responsivness.
- Contact enhancements to prioritize important contacts, improved caller ID with integration to Google+ and Google Maps.
- Intgrated messaging from SMS messages and Google services.
- Wireless printing.
- Integration with Google Drive.
- Build in Device Manager to help locate or wipe lost devices.
The complete list of enhancements found in KitKat can be found here.
Alternative Network Solutions evaluates all mobile platforms to ensure our customers are best able to integrate mobile technology into their businesses. For information on how we can help, contact us today.
WASHINGTON, PA – Today Google has announced that the next version of its Android operating system will be called KitKat. Android KitKat will be version 4.4 and features and availability will be released in the coming months.
Alteratnive Network Solutions is always looking at the marketplace to ensure our customers are prepared to integrate the latest technology into their businesses. For information on how we can help your company stay ahead of technology, contact us today.
The complete press release from Google can be found below. Continue reading
WASHINGTON, PA – Today Google released the latest version of Android, version 4.3 Jelly Bean. This is a smaller release that features restricted profiles. This allows users to limit the apps that different users can access. This update is available now on Nexus devices, and should be expected to show up on other devices in the coming months.
Other features include:
- Predictive dial pad for the phone
- Improved graphics support
- Easier to use keyboard
- Location awareness while using Wi-Fi
Alternative Network Solutions is constantly evaluating all options to keep our customers connected and productive while out of the office. For more information on how Alternative Network Solutions can help your company manage and make the best of its mobile devices, Contact Us today.
The complete text of Google’s announcement can be found below. Continue reading
WASHINGTON, PA – Today Google released a updated version of Android, version 4.2, and updated version of Jelly Bean. Android is the operating system that powers many different models of cell phones and tablets as well as other devices. This new version adds many features to Jelly Bean.
- Photo Sphere Camera – Allows for capturing 360˚ panoramic photographs.
- Gesture Keyboard – Allows for typing using gestures. To type, just slide your finger from letter to letter and the keyboard will automatically predict the word you are typing as well as the next word you may use. In addition the voice dictation features have been improved and works without a data connection.
- Multiple User Profiles – Each user of a tablet now can have their own profile including settings, background and widgets.
- Video Out – When a device running Android 4.2 is connected to a display using a HDMI cable the content is automatically mirrored to the external display.
- Google Now Enhancements – Google Now now includes train schedules, package tracking numbers and movie showtimes.
- Accessibility improvements – Android 4.2 allows for easy access to screen zooming and gesture mode for visually impaired users.
For more information see http://www.android.com/whatsnew/
For more information on how you can include mobile devices to improve your company’s efficiency and integrate them into your environment contact Alternative Network Solutions today.
WASHINGTON, PA – Today Google has released the source code to Android 4.1, Jellybean. With this release manufacturers and carriers are now able to create Jellybean-based firmware for their devices. As these updates are made the carrier and device manufactuers will release updates on their own.
For more information on how you can use mobile devices, including the latest versions of Android contact Alternative Network Solutions today.
WASHINGTON, PA – Today Adobe anncounced its plans to phase out Flash on Android devices. Currently some phones ship with Flash installed and others can download a Flash plug in from the Google Play store. Starting August 15, 2012 this plugin will be removed. In addition starting with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean no new devices will include copies of Adobe Flash.
Adobe will continue to provide updates for Flash via the Google Play store.
For information on how your company can develop your mobile starategy and adapt to these changes please contact Alternative Network Solutions today.
The complete text of Adobe’s announcement can be found below. Continue reading