WASHINGTON, PA – Today Apple has released a update to iOS 9. iOS is the operating system that powers iPhones, iPads and iPod touches. This update provides several enhancements to the existing system as well as bug fixes. It is also the first version to support the iPad Pro.
This update can be downloaded from the device directly or by connecting the device to a computer and downloading the update via iTunes.
The complete release notes can be found below.
Alternative Network Solutions monitors the major releases for all mobile platforms to ensure our customers are able to work mobile as effectively as possible. For more information on how we can help you and your company please contact us today.
This release includes new features, improvements and bug fixes, including:
- • Live Photos now intelligently senses when you raise or lower your iPhone, so that Live Photos will automatically not record these movements
- • Over 150 new emoji characters with full support for Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 emojis
- • Improved stability including CarPlay, Music, Photos, Safari, and Search
- • Improved performance while in Multitasking UI
- • Fixes an issue that could cause Calendar to become unresponsive in Month view
- • Fixes an issue that prevented Game Center from launching for some users
- • Resolves an issue that zoomed the content of some apps
- • Resolves an issue that could cause an incorrect unread mail count for POP mail accounts
- • Fixes an issue that prevented users from removing recent contacts from new mail or messages
- • Fixes an issue that caused some messages to not appear in Mail search results
- • Resolves an issue that left a gray bar in the body of an Audio Message
- • Fixes an issue that caused activation errors on some carriers
- • Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from updating from the App Store
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: